make a request online
(or tweet it @WXDU!)
WXDU 88.7 FM
PO Box 90689
Durham, NC 27708
1. Maurizio Bianchi...Symphony for a Genocide...Hospital - Created as a testimony to the atrocities of the Holocaust. Bianchi's abrasive electronics comprised of synthesizers and tape loops are incredibly black and devastating, with wailing alarm sounds, mechanized and annihilating beats, and a few broken vocal samples. As disturbing as it is amazing.
2. Dino Felipe...No Fun Demo...No Fun - Miami-based musician dabbles in experimental mind-melting noise-rock. Jaded, damaged and surprisingly danceable!
3. Circle...Panic ...Ektro - Thank the Gods for more NWOFHM !!! Warning: apocalyptic hardcore hatred and defiance lies inside this high speed album of piss and mayhem! More, more, more.
4. Digital Leather...Sorcerer...Goner – Any friends of the Urinals, is a friend of mine. A grinding 80s synth-punk album mixed with some industrial clamor makes for a raucous finish!
5. Uptight...Early Years...Archive - Restless guitar, acerbic feedback, and floor-shaking low-end bass are the meat of this Tokyo psychedelic rock group. Similar in style to like-minded Les Rallizes Denudes, Uptight's dark psyche sound is packed with echo and feedback with a bit of melancholy bliss.
6. Marzuraan...Five Years Worth of Fuck All...At War With False Noise - Recently released and nicely packaged retrospective of Newcastle's Marzuraan is a batch of inventively flowing, noisy and ever-morphing sludgy metal and heavy drone; a collection of demos, live cuts, and out of print releases.