make a request online
(or tweet it @WXDU!)
WXDU 88.7 FM
PO Box 90689
Durham, NC 27708
WXDU Top 88.7
1. 19...Toro Y Moi...Underneath The Pine...Carpark
2. 13...The Jayhawks...Tomorrow The Green Grass-Legacy Edition...American Recordings
3. 13...Various Artists...Funky Frauleins Vol. 2...Grosse Freigeit
4. 12...Telekinesis...12 Desperate Straight Lines...Merge
5. 11...Banjo or Freakout...Banjo or Freakout...Rare Book Room
6. 11...Puro Instinct...Headbangers In Ecstasy...Mexican Summer
7. 11...Shilpa Ray & Her Happy Hookers...Teenage & Torture...Knitting Factory
8. 10...Delicate Steve...Wondervisions...Luaka Bop
9. 10...Evolution Control Committee...All Rights Reserved...Seeland
10. 10...Los Amigos Invisibles...Not So Commercial...Nacional
11. 10...The Extra Lens...Undercard...Merge
12. 9...Girl Howdy...Honky Tonk Hair...S/R
13. 9...Agesandages...Alright You Restless...Knitting Factory
14. 9...Silk Flowers...Ltd. Form...PPM
15. 9...Soviet League...S/T...Angel Oven
16. 9...Akron/Family...S/T II: The Cosmic Birth and Journey...Dead Oceans
17. 8...Carolina Chocolate Drop/Luminescent Orchestrii...S/T...A Man A Plan A Canal
18. 8...Stone Love/Symbolics...Split 7"...Plut
19. 8...Natural Yogurt Band...Tuck in With......Now-Again
20. 8...Is/Is...This Happening EP...Guilt Ridden Pop
21. 8...Various Artists...Generation Bass Presents: Transnational Dubstep...Six Degrees
22. 8...The Go! Team...Rolling Blackouts...Memphis Industries
23. 8...Say Hi...Um, Uh Oh...Barsuk
The Durham Trainspotters will bring their fiddles, harmonicas, guitars and washboard to play live on-air during The Bull City Cosmic Hoedown on Tues March 1st during the 7:00pm hour. They'll be playing you their twisted versions of classic Mardi Gras tunes to get you ready for next week's Mardi Gras parade down at the FullSteam Brewery. Chris Turner and Rachel Maloney will lead the charge on-air and during the parade. Tune in to The Bull City Cosmic Hoedown 6pm-8pm and get ready for Fat Tuesday!
Tonight we reveal the 64-bands who will be fighting it out to be the true #1 punk band.
Tune in tonight to see if your favorite bands make it!
Nobody's Driving every Tuesday at 10pm
We all know what happened once Punk Broke and Chapel Hill had its 9 months in the "Next Seattle" spotlight. But what about in the two decades before? You've probably heard of Let's Active, The Connells, Flat Duo Jets & Corrosion of Conformity. But how about Stillborn Christians, Foreign Bodies & UV Prom?
Tune in tonight (Monday 2/28) at 8pm for 2 hours of North Carolina Music circa '72 - '92.
Yep, that's right, fresh off a whirlwind tour of Japan that just ended a few days ago, Mac McCaughan & Jim Wilbur of Superchunk will be joining us on Sunday afternoon (2/27) at 4pm to do that acoustic thing that has been a staple of Superchunk b-sides for the past 15+ years.Will we spend the entire time talking about Japanese food? Entirely likely. Tune in at 4pm to find out.
Hey, y'all. This is Alex pulling tech support for Mark and Michael. This is the awesome music map Mark made to guide our show. Enjoy!
Alex Cuba, "Alex Cuba" (Caracol, 2010)
Catchy, earthy Afro-Cuban pop from Smithers, British Columbia
Born Alexis Puentes in Artemisia, Cuba, this singer/songwriter, guitarist is forging a new, more authentic path for a Latin pop artist. Merging Cuban folk ("trova") with pop and funk, Alex Cuba's soulful, silkysmooth vocal and hooky songwriting have already earned him a Grammy nod and several Latin Grammy wins. READ MORE>>>>
With this self-titled, second solo album in English and Spanish, Alex edges closer to the commercial mainstream without caving to the conventional formulas of Miami Latin pop. The long-time Canadian resident first recorded traditional Cuban music with his fraternal twin brother, salsa singer Adonis Puentes. Their father was a guitar teacher in Cuba, so music runs deep in the Puentes household.
Skeedaddle plays live on The Bull City Cosmic Hoedown this Tues, Feb 15 in the 7:00pm hour. Durham's Skeedaddle plays pre-war swing, jug band music, jump blues, rockabilly, old time, Hawaiian music and novelty tunes from the 20's and 30's. National steel-bodied guitars, mandolins and ukes are the norm here, along with upright bass, trumpet, sax, clarinet and jug. Tune in for some raucous acoustic music Tues, 6pm-8pm.